Professor Mohamed A. Imam
MD, MSc (Orth)(Hons), DSportMed, PhD, FRCS (Tr and Orth)
Professor Imam is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in the renowned Rowley Bristow Orthopaedic Centre, Chertsey, Surrey. He is also a professor at the University of East London, leading research on artificial and machine intelligence clinical applications in surgery. He is a faculty member in multiple institutions, including the University of East London and the University of East Anglia. He is an international committee member, academic, editorial board, examiner, innovator, and reviewer in numerous international societies and institutions. Professor Imam is a fellowship-trained trauma and upper limb surgeon. He has co-founded the intelligent health academic group in the University of East London. He was awarded multiple distinctive international awards and traveling fellowships from the NHS Academy, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS), European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT), International Trauma Foundation (AO) and others. He had a fellowship in orthopaedic and trauma surgery presented to him by The Royal College of Surgeons of England. He also holds a master's degree in orthopaedics with distinction; besides, He holds Ph.D. Degree in Musculoskeletal Sciences on the healing of rotator cuff repairs.
Professor Imam teaches and lectures extensively. He authored two books, one on the uses of stem cells in orthopaedics and another text atlas in shoulder arthroscopy. His current research interests include novel materials, ligament and cartilage regeneration, minimally invasive fracture fixation devices, arthroscopy outcomes and techniques to aid rapid return to sport after injury. His academic work has been received highly and he won different awards and prizes. He has designed Orthopaedic instruments, designed and published different techniques, authored more than 50 numerous scientific papers, completed two Degree level theses including a PhD on rotator cuff tendons healing and successfully filed patents. His work is well published and has won several awards.
Professor Imam is fully trained in all aspects of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery and uses the latest technology in diagnostic investigation, including MRI arthrography, 3-D CT scanning, high definition ultrasound, digital radiology, nuclear medicine scanning, and electromyography.
Following the completion of specialist training, He undertook upper limb fellowships at distinguished centres of excellence. These included fellowships training at internationally recognised units within the UK: the Wrightington Upper Limb Unit, an Orthopaedic Centre of Excellence, and at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham and a complex trauma fellowship in a leading trauma centre in Oxford University Hospitals. He undertook international fellowships including a fellowship with Professor Christian Gerber; the world-leading pioneer of modern shoulder surgery, Der Balgrist University Orthopaedic Centre in Zurich, Switzerland, which is world-renowned for upper limb treatment, sports injury and primary and revision upper limb joint replacement and to augment his trauma experience, he undertook complex trauma fellowships in the BGU Trauma centre in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
He undertook travelling fellowships to gain an up-to-date international experience in Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, The Steadman clinic in Colorado, Stanford University Hospital in California, Munich and Madrid University Hospitals where he worked with top upper limb and trauma surgeons in the world. He also undertook multiple clinical visitations to different elite centres in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Professor Imam has been a speaker at academic and social platforms both at local and national levels, advocating for patient-centred and value-based healthcare. He is a professor at the University of East London leading research looking at the utilisation of artificial and machine intelligence in Surgery.
Providing both surgical and non-surgical treatment for conditions affecting the shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, Prof Imam works with a multidisciplinary team of radiologists, anaesthetists (specialised in Upper Limb Regional Nerve Blockade), physiotherapists and occupational hand therapists. His use of the very latest investigative techniques and technologies allows him to offer an informed and expert diagnosis and his specialist expertise in arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery mean that, where surgical treatment is indicated, he is able to offer the least invasive procedure possible.
In addition, Professor Imam is highly skilled in techniques to treat arthritis in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joints, including joint replacement surgery for cases where other treatments have proved ineffective.
- Oct 2017: ISAKOS Upper Extremity Award (2017 -2018). International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports medicine (ISAKOS)
- Jun 2017: The Edward Jenner NHS Leadership Award. NHS Leadership Academy, NHS England.
- Jun 2017: Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) Award. Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).
- Mar 2017: AAOS International Scholar: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Jun 2015: EFORT Foundation Award. European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT)
- Jan 2011: AO Travelling Trauma Fellowship. AO Foundation, Davos, Switzerland.
Invigilator and Examiner in the Medical Licensing exam, General Medical Council, UK
GMC Station Management Panel Member, General Medical Council, UK
Medical performance Assessment Panel, General Medical Council, UK.
ISAKOS Young Professionals Task Force Committee Member, International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, USA.
Associate Editor and Editorial Board member BMC Series International, London, UK.
Editorial Board and Reviewer in more than 20 international Medical Journals.
Course Convenor, Chertsey FRCS course, Chertsey, Surrey, UK
Training director, Accredited International Teaching Centre, ISAKOS, UK
Co-Founder and Board Member of the FRCS mentor Initiative, London, UK.
UNICEF UK Champion, London, UK.
Accredited FIFA Medical Network member, Zurich, Switzerland.
Specialist Register, General Medical Council, UK
Fellow, The Royal College of Surgeons, London, UK
Gold member, AO Trauma Foundation, Davos, Switzerland.
Member, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, UK
International Scholar and Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, USA
Faculty, Trainer, Committee member, International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, USA.
Member, Fragility Fracture Network UK.
Member, FIFA Medical Network, Zurich, Switzerland.
Mo is married to Dalia with two kids, Yusef and Layla. They all love being outside and sail in a small boat on which they like to explore. He used to be a professional swimmer where he has participated in National and international competitions.
He is a keen sportsman, and although he has now hung up his football boots, he still plays Squash for his club and other representative sides. He also enjoys photography, clay shooting, painting, sculptuirng and swimming.
Investment in Knowledge has the best Interest
Editor and contributor of 6 textbook chapters: MA Imam, M Snow; Expanded cells and BMC Uses in Orthopaedics, Bentham Publishing Group.
Editor: MA Imam, L Funk, Shoulder Arthroscopy Atlas. SPRINGER.
- Ski Touring injuries, In book: Injury and Health Risk Management in Sports. SPRINGER, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-60752-7_80
- Canyoning Injuries, In book: Injury and Health Risk Management in Sports. SPRINGER, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-60752-7_80
- Acromioclavicular Joint Injuries. Sports Injuries of the Shoulder, 01/2020: pages 153-178; ISBN: 978-3-030-23028-9, DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-23029-6_8
- Role of BMAC in Avascular Necrosis. BMC in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7
- Clinical Applications in tendons pathology. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7
- BMC in Foot and Ankle Surgery. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7.
- BMC in Nerve and Spinal Cord Injury. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7.
- Clinical Applications in Cartilage Pathology. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7.
- Management of Osteoarthritis. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7
- Background of BMC and Expanded Cells. BMC and Expanded Cell Applications in Orthopaedics, 06/2018; Bentham Science Publishers., ISBN: 978-1-68108-650-7
- How to Design Clinical Trials of Cells and BMC in Orthopedic Surgery. 04/2018;
- Ethics in the Clinical Use and Research of Cells and BMC. 04/2018;
- UNICEF Booklet “ UNICEF Step by step Guide for Fundraising” by UNICEF UK, April 2013.
- Repair Versus Latarjet Procedure for Recurrent Anterior Shoulder Instability: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of 3275 Shoulders. American Journal of Sports Medicine, Dec 2020.
- Prospective multicentre mid-term clinical and radiological outcomes of 159 reverse total shoulder replacements and assessment of the influence of postoperative complications. Shoulder and elbow Journal, Dec 2020.
- The Corona Hands Collaborative. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing upper extremity surgery at the peak of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic in the UK: a national cohort study. BMJ Qual Saf 2020; 0:1–9. doi:10.1136/bmjqs-2020-01215
- Three-Year Functional Outcome of Transosseous-Equivalent Double-Row vs Single-Row Repair of Small and Large Rotator Cuff Tears. A Double-Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial. June 2020, Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. May 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.jse.2020.05.005
- The Corona Hands Collaborative, MA Imam. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing upper extremity surgery at the peak of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic in the UK: a national cohort study. BMJ Qual Saf 2020
- Aerosol Generating Procedures In Trauma And Orthopaedics In The Era Of The Covid-19 Pandemic; What Do We Know? August 2020, The Surgeon.
- The Effect of Type of Femoral Component Fixation on Mortality and Morbidity after Hip Hemiarthroplasty: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, August 2020, HSS Journal.
- Bony increased-offset reverse shoulder arthroplasty: A meta-analysis of the available evidence June 2020. Shoulder & Elbow, DOI: 10.1177/1758573220916848.
- The Ellipse modification of the Friedman method for measuring glenoid version. Bone and Joint Journal 02/2020; 102-B(2):232-238., DOI:10.1302/0301-620X.102B2.BJJ-2019-0726.R1.
- Degenerative rotator cuff tear, repair or not repair? A review of current evidence. Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England 01/2020; DOI:10.1308/rcsann.2019.0173
- A simple reproducible technique for the retrieval of broken Proximal femoral blades, technical note and review of the literature. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma 10/2019; 11(Suppl 1)., DOI:10.1016/j.jcot.2019.10.003
- Salvage reverse total shoulder arthroplasty for failed operative treatment of proximal humeral fractures in patients younger than 60 years: long-term results. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 10/2019; DOI:10.1016/j.jse.2019.07.040
- Posterior Acromial Morphology Is Significantly Associated with Posterior Shoulder Instability. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 07/2019; 101(14):1253-1260., DOI:10.2106/JBJS.18.00541
- Sliding hip screws versus cancellous screws for femoral neck fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 06/2019; 29(7):1-11., DOI:10.1007/s00590-019-02460-0
- Unipolar versus bipolar hemiarthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures: A pooled analysis of 30250 participants data. Injury 06/2019;, DOI:10.1016/j.injury.2019.06.004
- Salvage reverse total shoulder arthroplasty for failed operative treatment of proximal humeral fractures in patients younger 60 years: long-term results. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 06/2019; 28(6):e215., DOI:10.1016/j.jse.2018.11.032
- Correction to Contemporary cemented versus uncemented hemiarthroplasty for the treatment of displaced intracapsular hip fractures: a meta-analysis of forty-two thousand forty-six hips. International Orthopaedics 05/2019; 43(7)., DOI:10.1007/s00264-019-04339-5
- Contemporary cemented versus uncemented hemiarthroplasty for the treatment of displaced intracapsular hip fractures: a meta-analysis of forty-two thousand forty-six hips. International Orthopaedics 03/2019; 43(6)., DOI:10.1007/s00264-019-04325-x
- The X-Pulley Technique for Subpectoral Long Head of the Biceps Tenodesis Using All-Suture Anchors. Arthroscopy Techniques 02/2019; 8(2)., DOI:10.1016/j.eats.2018.10.012
- Historically, did Cemented Thompson perform better than uncemented Austin Moore hemiarthroplasty for femoral neck fractures? A meta-analysis of available evidence. 01/2019; 5:33., DOI:10.1051/sicotj/2019031
- Distal Triceps Rupture Repair: The Triceps Pulley-Pullover Technique. Arthroscopy Techniques 01/2019; 8(1)., DOI:10.1016/j.eats.2018.09.006
- Intraoperative stability assessment in reverse shoulder arthroplasty. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma 11/2018; 10(3)., DOI:10.1016/j.jcot.2018.11.006
- Superior Capsule Reconstruction: What Do We Know?. 10/2018; 7(1)., DOI:10.22038/ABJS.2018.32745.1865
- Les plaques préchantournées de la clavicule disponibles sur le marché s’appliquent-elles de façon optimale ? Étude cadavérique et revue de la littérature. Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique 10/2018; 104(6):529., DOI:10.1016/j.rcot.2018.03.005
- The unicortical sternoclavicular joint reconstruction using a synthetic graft. Shoulder & Elbow 08/2018;, DOI:10.1177/1758573218790964
- Is inpatient stay following arthroscopic rotator-cuff repair determined by whether the patient undergoes surgery in the morning or afternoon?. International Journal of Surgery 07/2018; 55:82., DOI:10.1016/j.ijsu.2018.05.385
- Erratum to: Staged Revision With Antibiotic Spacers for Shoulder Prosthetic Joint Infections Yields High Infection Control. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 07/2018; 476(7):1544., DOI:10.1097/CORR.0000000000000331
- Improving consent in patients undergoing surgery for fractured neck of femur. British journal of hospital medicine (London, England: 2005) 05/2018; 79(5):284-287., DOI:10.12968/hmed.2018.79.5.284
- Do Subchondral cysts predict the early outcomes of arthroscopy?. The Bone & Joint Journal 05/2018; 100(9).
- Titanium Elastic Nails Versus Spica Cast in Pediatric Femoral Shaft Fractures: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of 1012 Patients. 05/2018;, DOI:10.22038/abjs.2018.24096.1630
- An innovative bespoke technique for the retrieval of broken distal locking bolts. Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England 04/2018; 100(8):1-2., DOI:10.1308/rcsann.2018.0080.
- Are Commercially-available Precontoured Anatomical Clavicle Plating Systems Offering the Purported Superior Optimum Fitting to the Clavicle? A Cadaveric Analysis and Review of Literature. Orthopaedics & Traumatology Surgery & Research 03/2018; 104(6)., DOI:10.1016/j.otsr.2018.01.013
- A low-cost Suture-Button Construct for Acute Ankle Syndesmotic Injuries; A prospective clinical and radiological analysis.. 02/2018; 6(3)., DOI:10.22038/ABJS.2017.18837.1485
- Staged Revision With Antibiotic Spacers for Shoulder Prosthetic Joint Infections Yields High Infection Control. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 01/2018; 476(1):146-152., DOI:10.1007/s11999.0000000000000049
- Surgical treatment of medial patellofemoral ligament injuries achieves better outcomes than conservative management in patients with primary patellar dislocation: a meta-analysis. 12/2017; 3(2):JISAKOS-2017-000152., DOI:10.1136/jisakos-2017-000152
- Mechanical Properties Of Triclosan Sutures. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 12/2017; 36(6)., DOI:10.1002/jor.23814
- Compressive Stockings After Hindfoot and Ankle Surgery. Foot & Ankle International 12/2017; 39(2):107110071773751., DOI:10.1177/1071100717737518
- Long-term results of total elbow arthroplasty in patients with haemophilia. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 11/2017; 27(1)., DOI:10.1016/j.jse.2017.09.009
- A systematic review of the concept and Clinical applications of Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate in Tendon Pathology. 11/2017; 3., DOI:10.1051/sicotj/2017039
- Lateral unicompartmental knee replacement: a systematic review of reasons for failure. International Orthopaedics 10/2017; 42(Suppl 1)., DOI:10.1007/s00264-017-3662-4
- What Do Patients Expect of Rotator Cuff Repair and Does it Matter? Arthroscopy The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery 10/2017; Volume 33, Supplement, Page e52(10): Page e52.
- What Do Patients Expect of Rotator Cuff Repair and Does it Matter? Arthroscopy The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery 10/2017; 33(10):e52., DOI:10.1016/j.arthro.2017.08.025
- The Tripod-Pulley Technique for Arthroscopic Remplissage in Engaging Hill-Sachs Lesions. Arthroscopy Techniques 09/2017; 6(5)., DOI:10.1016/j.eats.2017.06.038
- A systematic review of the clinical applications and complications of BMC in the management of bone defects and nonunions. International Orthopaedics 08/2017; 41(11):1-8., DOI:10.1007/s00264-017-3597-9
- Double plating of intra-articular multifragmentary C3-type distal femoral fractures through the anterior approach. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 07/2017; 28(2)., DOI:10.1007/s00590-017-2014-9
- A 24-Month Follow-Up of a Custom-Made Suture-Button Assembly for Syndesmotic Injuries of the Ankle. The Journal of foot and ankle surgery: official publication of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons 07/2017; 56(4):744-747., DOI:10.1053/j.jfas.2017.02.010
- The “Pull-Over” Technique for All Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair With Extracellular Matrix Augmentation. Arthroscopy Techniques 05/2017; 6(3)., DOI:10.1016/j.eats.2016.11.007
- A systematic review of the concept and clinical applications of BMC in Orthopaedics. 03/2017; 3:17., DOI:10.1051/sicotj/2017007
- Nerve Transfer Versus Nerve Graft for Reconstruction of High Ulnar Nerve Injuries. The Journal of hand surgery 03/2017; 42(4)., DOI:10.1016/j.jhsa.2017.01.027
- Comparison of Open Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy versus Unicondylar Knee Replacement for Medial Knee Osteoarthritis. Elyns Group - Journal of Orthopedics, Rheumatology and Sports Medicine 02/2017; Volume 5(Issue 1)., DOI:10.19080/OROAJ.2017.05.555651
- Inverted femoral head graft versus standard core decompression in nontraumatic hip osteonecrosis at minimum 3 years follow-up. Hip international: the journal of clinical and experimental research on hip pathology and therapy 01/2017; 27(1)., DOI:10.5301/hipint.5000426
- The Basic Science of BMC on Chondral Injuries. Orthopaedic review 09/2016; 8(3):6659., DOI:10.4081/or.2016.6659
- Verification of in vivo accuracy of Trumatch™ patient-specific instrumentation in total knee replacement using pin-less computer navigation. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 09/2016; 27(1)., DOI:10.1007/s00590-016-1849-9
- BMC in the Treatment of Chondral Injuries. 06/2016; 3(4)., DOI:10.3389/fsurg.2016.00033
- Cementless Total Hip Replacement for the Management of Severe Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip in the Middle Eastern Population: A Prospective Analysis. 05/2016; 3(1)., DOI:10.3389/fsurg.2016.00031
- Can a total knee arthroplasty be both rotationally unconstrained and anteroposteriorly stabilised? A PULSED FLUOROSCOPIC INVESTIGATION. 03/2016; 2016;5:80–86(3)., DOI:10.1302/2046-3758.53.2000621
- Outcomes following arthroscopic transosseous equivalent suture bridge double-row rotator cuff repair: a prospective study and short-term results. International Orthopaedics 02/2016; 2., DOI:10.1051/sicotj/2015041
- IN VIVO KINEMATICS OF A MEDIALLY CONFORMING AND ROTATIONALLY UNCONSTRAINED TKA DESIGN. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 01/2016; Bone Joint J 2016 vol. 98-B no. SUPP 1 35.
- THE METASUL METAL-ON-METAL ARTICULATION IN PRIMARY TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT: A MINIMUM 15-YEAR FOLLOW-UP. The Bone & Joint Journal 11/2015; 97(SUPP 12):42-42.
- Useful Functional Outcome Can Be Achieved After Motor Nerve Transfers in Management of the Paralytic Hand. An Observational Study. HSS Journal 08/2015; 12(1)., DOI:10.1007/s11420-015-9459-3.
- Introducing a proforma to improve clinical care in trauma surgery. British journal of hospital medicine (London, England: 2005) 08/2015; 76(8):472-4., DOI:10.12968/hmed.2015.76.8.472
- Does bone debris in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction really matter? A cohort study of a protocol for bone debris debridement. 06/2015; 1., DOI:10.1051/sicotj/2015014
- A minimum three-year clinical and radiological follow up of the utilisation of a Cementless Multihole Mega cups in conversion hip arthroplasty - a prospective analysis. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica 03/2015; 81(1):100-6.
- Antegrade-Retrograde Opposing Lag Screws for Internal Fixation of Simple Displaced Talar Neck Fractures. The Journal of foot and ankle surgery: official publication of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons 11/2014; 54(1)., DOI:10.1053/j.jfas.2014.09.046
- Loss to follow-up after total hip replacement: A source of bias in patient-reported outcome measures and registry datasets?. Hip international: the journal of clinical and experimental research on hip pathology and therapy 06/2014; 24(5)., DOI:10.5301/hipint.5000141
- The Location and Number of Acetabular Subchondral Cysts are Predictors for Early Patient-Reported Outcome of Hip Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery 12/2013; 29(12):e195., DOI:10.1016/j.arthro.2013.09.02
Presentations and Lectures
National and International Presentations and Lectures
- Salvage Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Failed Operative Treatment of Proximal Humeral Fractures in Patients Younger 60 Years. Long-Term Results. 28th Congress of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow; 09/2018
- The Ellipse Method For Measuring Glenoid Version In Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. 28th Congress of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow, Geneva; 09/2018
- EARLY TERM CLINICAL AND RADIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF THE POROUS TITANIUM PERFORM+ REVERSED GLENOID SYSTEM. 28th Congress of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow, Geneva; 09/2018
- Patients Expectations of Rotator Cuff Repair. 11th ISAKOS Congress, Shanghai, China; 06/2017.
- Modern Cemented versus Uncemented Hemiarthroplasty for Femoral Neck Fractures: A Pooled Analysis of 42,046 Participant Data. AAOS Annual Meeting 2018, NO, USA.
- What Do Patients Expect of Rotator Cuff Repair and Does it Matter. 11th Biennial ISAKOS Congress, Shanghai, China 4-6 June 2017.
- Improving the adequacy of consent in patients for surgery with fractured neck of femur. British Trauma Society, UK Oct 2017.
- A Preliminary Report of Outcomes in Arthroscopic Rotator Repair with Extracellular Matrix Augmentation 11th Biennial ISAKOS Congress, Shanghai, China 4-6 June 2017.
- Improving the adequacy of consent in patients for surgery with fractured neck of femur. 2017 International Surgical Congress, Glasgow Scotland, May 2017.
- The “Pull-Over” Technique For Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair With Augmentation. EFORT Annual meeting in May 2017.
- Cemented versus cementless hemiarthroplasty for femoral neck fractures: A meta-analysis. ASiT Conference, Bournemouth, March 2017.
- Improving the adequacy of consent in patients for surgery with fractured neck of femur. ASiT Conference, Bournemouth, March 2017.
- Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament surgical reconstruction versus non-operative Management in Treating Patients with Primary PatellarDislocation: A Meta-Analysis. ESSKA International meeting, Barcelona May 2016.
- Radiological parameters in patients with patellofemoral pathology. ESSKA International meeting Barcelona May 2016.
- One to Six years of clinical and radiological outcome of Tibial rotational osteotomy and distal tuberosity transfer for symptomatic excessive external tibial torsion. ESSKA International meeting Barcelona May 2016.
- Outcome of Nerve Transfer versus Nerve Graft in Proximal Ulnar Nerve Injuries to Restore Intrinsic Hand Function AAOS Annual meeting USA March 2016.
- What do patients expect of rotator cuff repair and does it matter. British Elbow and Shoulder Meeting, Sheffield, June 2015.
- Ceramic Fracture Following Ceramic On Ceramic Hip Arthroplasty, 16th EFORT Congress, May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic.
- In Vivo Kinematics Of A Rotationally Unconstrained, Medially Stabilized 16th EFORT Congress, May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic.
- Core Decompression Versus Inverted Femoral Head Cone Graft In Treatment Of Hip Osteonecrosis At Pre-Collapse Stage. 16th EFORT Congress, May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic.
- Verification Of Intraoperative Criteria For Choice Of Implants In Computer-Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty. 16th EFORT Congress, May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic.
- Natural Growth Pattern Of The Wrist: A Geometrical Observational Investigation Based On Planimetric Radiology. 16th EFORT Congress, May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic.
-Predictors of Outcome after Motor Nerve Transfer in Management of Paralytic Hand. A Prospective Observational Study March 25, 2015, AAOS Las Vegas, USA.
- Does debris in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction really matter? A review of current literature and a cohort study for a protocol for Bone Debris Debridement, the XXVI SICOT Triennial World Congress combined with 46th SBOT Annual Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Nov 2014
- Clinical Effectiveness of Lumbar Epidural injection using image intensifier comparing to injection with no fluoroscopy and conservative treatment for spinal disc herniation: A prospective, double-blinded, randomized control trial, the XXVI SICOT Triennial World Congress combined with 46th SBOT Annual Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Nov 2014
- Prospective in-vivo verification of the accuracy of patient-specific cutting blocks and conventional jigs in TKRs using pinless computer navigation, the XXVI SICOT Triennial World Congress combined with 46th SBOT Annual Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Nov 2014
- In Vivo Kinematics of a Medially Conforming & Rotationally Unconstrained TKA Design. International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty (ISTA), September 2014 Kyoto Japan.
- Transosseous Equivalent Double Row versus Single Row arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. A Randomised Controlled Trial. AAOS Annual meeting New Orleans, Mar 2014 USA.
- The unrecognised effect of non-responders on patient-reported outcome measures following hip replacement. EFORT/BOA June 2014, UK
- Minimum Ten Years Clinical and Radiological Follow Up of the modular ANCA-Fit femoral component in total hip replacement. EFORT/BOA June 2014, UK
- Predictors for the early patient-reported outcome of hip arthroscopy. EFORT/BOA June 2014, UK
- Lateral versus Supine Position For A Dynamic Hip Screw, a cohort radiographic study EFORT/BOA June 2014, UK
-Is accurate components alignment in Unicompartmental knee replacements crucial for successful clinical outcome and survival of the prosthesis? A cohort study. EFORT/BOA 2014
- Verification of the accuracy of conventional jigs in TKR using pinless navigation. 21st SICOT International Trainees Meeting, London 2014
- Does debris in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction really matter? A review of current literature and a cohort study for a protocol for bone debris debridement. 21st SICOT International Trainees Meeting, London 2014
- Accurate measurement of three-dimensional knee replacement kinematics using single-plane fluoroscopy. 7th M.O.R.E. International Symposium, 11th APRIL 2014, Lugano, Switzerland
- Prospective randomised controlled clinical trial comparing soft tissue appearances on 3T MRI following THR via the direct anterior or posterior approaches. Sam Simmonds Meeting London May 2014.
- Acetabular subchondral cysts are predictors for early patient-reported outcome of hip arthroscopy. British Hip Society, Exeter 2014.
- Lost to Follow-up after THR- as a source of bias. British Hip Society, Exeter, Mar 2014
- Minimum Ten Years Clinical and Radiological Follow Up of the modular ANCA-Fit femoral component in total hip replacement. British Hip Society, Exeter, Mar 2014
- Verification of accuracy of conventional jigs in TKR, CAOS, London UK, Nov 2013.
- Debris in ACL Reconstruction. EOA Spring International Congress, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. March 2013
- The unrecognised effect of non-responders on patient-reported outcome measures following hip replacement. South West London Annual meeting Dec-2013
-Capsule reconstruction. 2nd Melbourne International Hip arthroscopy meeting. Melbourne, Australia Jan 2014
- Glue the flaps!! Brussels, Belgium, Dec 2013
- The location and number of acetabular subchondral cysts are predictors for early patient-reported outcome of hip arthroscopy. ISHA International Annual Meeting, Munich, Germany October 2013
- When Dislocations occur? BOA meeting October 2013, Birmingham, UK
- Advancement in bone conserving surgery, Joint meeting Bone Research Society/British Orthopaedic Research Society, September 2013, Oxford, UK
- Taper geometry, head size and friction, The Great Debate 2013, Imperial College, June 20th 2013, London, UK
- Does Platelet Rich Plasma have a role in arthritis? Tenth Symposium on Joint Preserving and Minimally Invasive Surgery, June 1, 2013, in Québec City, Canada.
- Classification of Subchondral cysts in Hip arthroscopy; first international SASHA meeting, May 3, 2013. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Management of Full-thickness rotator cuff tears. Egyptian Orthopaedic Association 62nd Annual International Congress on, December 8th, 2010, Cairo, Egypt
- Evaluation of different modalities in the management of rotator cuff tears, Ismailia, Egypt, 2009.